Friday, February 13, 2009

Batu Caves and the feet-eating fish

We visited the Batu Caves yesterday located just outside of Kuala Lumpur. At the entrance to the Temple Cave, which has a Hindu shrine in it, is a massive, 140 foot tall gold statue of Lord Murugan. Then it's 272 steps up to the actual cave, which is swarming with monkeys and chickens (the latter for sacrifice). It was one of the more impressive man-made sites I've ever seen. Hopefully I can upload pictures in a day or two.

I also did the fish bath! And I bullied a skeptical Peter into doing it too. We chose the bigger fish (about 2 inches long) that nibbled more forcefully than the 1 inch fish. It tickled A LOT at first but it was better by the end of the 10 minutes and my feet are definitely smoother having shed a layer of dead skin.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, I want to do this, but I have to find someone else who is willing to go with me!

    ReplyDelete