Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hoi An pictures

I managed to catch the plague in Hoi An and haven't yet kicked it since arriving in Hue, a 3.5 hour, 120 km bus ride north of Hoi An. One thing I've noted about the buses here is that they will invariably stop for a meal no matter how short the journey is.

Anyway, here's a few pics from Hoi An.








The water buffalo.


















The bathtub that made me swoon.













I haven't seen much public art in my travels so far; Hoi An was an exception. They had a bunch of animal-themed sculptures on the river.









The dish on the right is called "white rose" and is a specialty of Hoi An. It's basically a shrimp dumpling with the wrapper folded to look like a rose.

1 comment:

  1. My sister and I have a longtime affinity for water buffalo, thanks to this song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltG37Bbx1qk

    ReplyDelete