Usually my paranoid need to be early to the airport results in me trudging up and down the terminal so many times that I memorize all the fast food eateries. But it worked out well yesterday when my sister got back to my house to pick up her computer and other stuff she'd left there only to discover that she was locked out and I had the only set of keys. There was still enough time for her to drive back to the airport and for me to go through security again. I was more efficient the second time as I removed my potential explosives-masking fleece without prompting.
My scheme to get on London time is working out pretty well so far. On Tuesday night I slept for 4.5 hours in half hour increments (I was going to take a nap at midnight and set my cell phone alarm for a half hour from then; then kept resetting it for the next four hours). That meant I was tired enough to get a few hours of sleep on my flight to NY and from NY to London. I also took a nap when I arrived at the flat, so I should be able to last till tonight. (London is 8 hours ahead of LA).
Mary & Dave live on a great street for eating with lots of Lebanese and Persian restaurants, along with Brazilian, fancy burgers, Chinese, "Mexican" (they cater to the margarita crowd so they're probably not as authentic as an East LA taco truck) and a gourmet chocolate shop. I just had a tasty halloumi cheese pita.
Their kitchen is a miracle of multipurpose-ness. Their oven doubles as a microwave; their washer is also a dryer, and all their appliances including the dishwasher and fridge are camouflaged as kitchen cabinets.
Headed to Mary's dodgeball practice in an hour. Fortunately I'm not required to do more than spectate as I don't think my hand-eye coordination is at its peak now.
No comments:
Post a Comment