One of the great things about traveling through SE Asia is that laundry service is very cheap. But most of the places air dry clothes instead of using dryers. That means that your clothes don't shrink back to their normal size and continue to get stretched out.
That's just another way of saying that I've been walking around with baggy pants for the past few weeks, as the waists of my pants have gotten increasingly stretched out. Since I didn't bring a belt I've been keeping them up with a safety pin.
Since I'm no longer fit for polite company, I figure it's time to go home. Also, my shoe situation is dire: after losing part of the sole of one of my sneakers at the garbage dump in Phnom Penh I decided to leave the shoes in Cambodia, and my sole remaining pair other than my flip flops have holes on top that could theoretically be fixed if I had the time and inclination to mend them, which I don't.
My flight to L.A. via San Francisco leaves tomorrow morning (April 7) and I'll be arriving back in L.A. earlier than I started, thanks to the magic of time changes.
This won't be my last post though; I hope to have pictures from the good camera up before too long, plus I've got more to say about China.
No comments:
Post a Comment